Who Am I?

My photo
Home, Is where the heart is, United States
I'm a creative person. Pretty shy, so at first I might seem quiet and introverted. But, when you know me you know that I have a lot to say. I'm a warm person. Very caring and kind. A good listener. I'm pretty full of compassion and love. In regards to my blog address it has to do with my name, so it's kind of who I am. I thought it was creative and fit well enough.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Sobering Experince

I had secretly wanted to get caught in my other ward. I secretly wanted one of the bishop brick to finally ask me to give a talk. I figured it would happen, because that is what happen sorta when I got my last calling, but a las it was not to be. I even metioned that I hadn't given a talk since Primary, and 1 of them said "Oh, now that you mentioned it your going to get asked!" Still no. I thought, I probably won't get asked by this ward now, but I'll probably get asked at the next. At the time though I didn't want to give a talk in the new ward, I wanted to give at the ward I love! I wanted to talk to my people, the people I knew and loved! But, I guess my people there did not need to hear whatever I had to say or whatever I had to teach. Sure enough I did get caught here, and I kinda wanted to give a talk anyway. I have grown to appricate and perhaps even love the branch. I got asked today to give one next week, and then shortly after was asked to give the closing prayer today in Sacrement meeting.

I kept thinking how nervious I'd be and thought of the words in 1 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" except I didn't real recall the sound mind part. Just the power and love. Anyways, I was filled with a happiness, a calm, and a loving feeling just before I got up. I did focus a little more on my prayer then my fear, and made it out just fine. I could still feel my creeping anxity, but I didn't listen to it as much as I usually do.

So, my talk will be about "Sober". I was given a choice of words and I choice sober. I got a little paper that tells a little about the word and I have to go from there. I have to aim for 10-12 minutes, so that's not so bad.
And you know most people do tend to think "not drunk" when they think of sober, but the word can mean something more than that, but I won't get into that on this blog, because I still haven't done my talk. If you like I will tell you all my thoughts on Sober during or after my talk next Sunday. Though I don't even know if anyone in the branch even reads this blog.

Anyways Peace and Love unto you all, and God bless. Also remember to be Sober and Rightious

No comments: