Who Am I?

My photo
Home, Is where the heart is, United States
I'm a creative person. Pretty shy, so at first I might seem quiet and introverted. But, when you know me you know that I have a lot to say. I'm a warm person. Very caring and kind. A good listener. I'm pretty full of compassion and love. In regards to my blog address it has to do with my name, so it's kind of who I am. I thought it was creative and fit well enough.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family for thought

I had this thought today when I was thinking about how to describe a family member who is just outside your more amidate family. Like you great uncle, who is your father's, mother's brother or something. Or you great great aunt who's like your mother's father's mother's sister. I thought it as like rings or circles, and they'd be in maybe the 2nd or 3rd circle. And your grandparents like the 1st with your parents and siblings. So then I thought about it like ripples in water, how the water makes on circle after another. I which case I thought this could apply to the first family and so on...

And while I was doing Math(like fractions and what not), I thought families could have some math in them too. Like my great grandfather was full Danish, my grandfather (1/2 Danish, 1/2 Czech), my mother(1/4 Danish, 1/4 Czech, 1/8 Swedish, 1/16 French, 1/16 Prussian, and etc.) -note one of my great grandfathers was British/Dutch mix with possible a drop or more of Native American blood- and me(1/2 Chilean-some kind of Spainish/Native South American mix-,1/8 Danish, 1/8 Czech, 1/16 Swedish, 1/32 French, 1/32 Prussian, etc...) So if some added 1/32 French and 1/16 Swedish how much would that be. Well it would be 1/4 Chilean, 1/16 Danish and Czech, 1/8 Swedish, 1/16 French, 1/32 Prussian. Just a math example/review sorry.

I guess I just like to compare things and think of metaphores, symblolisms, or poetic views. I get some of my creativity from my family too I think :)

No comments: